Andrew L. Boughrum is an associate attorney practicing general litigation and personal injury.
Andrew earned dual degrees in 2006 from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy.
He earned his Juris Doctorate in 2011 from Syracuse University College of Law.
During his career, he has concentrated on general litigation, personal injury, premises liability, and Section 1983 litigation. He has vast experience with motions, trial, and appellate work.
He is a member of the Middletown Bar Association, the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, New York State Bar Association, and the New York Federal Bar Association. Andrew is a current member of the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh and on the finance committee. Andrew is admitted to practice in New York State, the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the Second Circuit. He has been recognized as New York’s Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers, New York’s 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys and as a Top-Ranking Attorney by the American Associations of Attorney Advocates. Andrew is also recognized by Marindate Hubbell as a 2022 Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyer.
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys culinary exploration, DIY- home improvement projects, golf, hiking, the performing arts, sailing, surfing, music, and travel.
- Southern District of New York, 2022
- Eastern District of New York, 2022
- New York State Bar, 2012
- Northern District of New York, 2012
- Second Circuit, 2012
- Syracuse University College of Law – Syracuse, New York
- J.D. – 2011
- Certification in National Security and Counterterroism
- Chief Form & Accuracy Editor, Law Journal of the National Italian-American Bar Association, 2009-2011
- Pro Bono Award, 2011
- Excellence for the Future Award, 2008
- C.A.L.I Award for Legal Communication and Research, 2008
- Vanderbilt University – Nashville, Tennessee
- B.S. – 2006
- Major: Economics
- B.A. – 2006
- Major: Philosophy
- B.S. – 2006
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association, 2012-present
- Middletown Bar Association, 2018-present
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2012-present
- New York Federal Bar Association, 2012-present