Cynthia J. Hand is an Associate Attorney concentrating on Wills, Trusts & Estates.
She is admitted to practice law in both New York and Connecticut.
Cynthia earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA where she majored in Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, CT where she graduated with a concentration in Federal Taxation.
Cynthia is the current the President of the Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties having previously served as President-Elect, Treasurer and Recording Secretary. She is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association and New York Bar Association.
She resides in Goshen where she currently serves as a Village Trustee. Over the past several years, Cynthia has been an active member on various municipal boards including the Town of Goshen Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Environmental Review Board. She served on the Board of Assessment Review for several years and for one year as Chairperson.
Cynthia is a graduate of the Leadership Orange Class of 2023. She was named a 2022 Rising Star by the Junior League of Orange County, Inc. and was the recipient of the 2002 Outstanding New Lawyer Award from WBAOSC.
Outside of work and service to her community, Cynthia enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
- New York State Bar, 2009
- Connecticut, 2006
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. – 2006
- Member of the Tax Law Society
- Service to the Community Award
- Summer Study Abroad in Florence, Italy with Penn State The Dickinson School of Law
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: Political Science
- Member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties
- President, 2023
- President-Elect, 2022
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Leadership Orange Graduate , 2023
- Rising Star, Junior League of Orange County, Inc., 2022
- Outstanding New Lawyer Award, WBAOSC, 2022
- Service to the Community Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law