Our Business Law Practice: Business Formation, Transactions and Litigation
We at J&G know that legal issues are often a distraction from running your business. Since we also run a business, we know your time is valuable and costs must be minimized. You want legal matters handled quickly and cost-effectively. We pride ourselves on being accessible and responsive when you call.
Our business clients range from start-ups to international companies and family businesses we have served for decades, through several generations. Our clients are in every business sector, including real estate, construction, agriculture, manufacturing, publishing, insurance, finance, the arts, entertainment, technology, restaurants, retail, wholesale, the internet, and the professions of architecture, engineering, and health care. Although many people don’t fully appreciate it, non-profits are also businesses, and we represent dozens of them as well.
While we are always cost-conscious, we also know from long experience that it is cheaper and easier to stay out of trouble than to get out of trouble. We believe that thoughtful planning and good contracts are investments that pay off very well over time. As members of your team committed to your success, we will identify issues when we see them and suggest ways to minimize risk or maximize benefits.
At J&G Law, LLP, our business lawyers provide a high level of commercial and corporate services to businesses of all types and sizes. Our commercial law attorneys are able to handle every type of legal issue that businesses and non-profit organizations may face, such as:
- Entity selection and formation: Our firm assists business start-ups with business formation issues, including the selection of business entity. We stress the need for thorough shareholder, partnership, or operating agreements so that future disputes might be avoided.
- Contracts: Properly drafted contracts and business forms can help prevent disputes and put you in the best possible position should disputes arise.
- Commercial real estate: Our real estate practice includes complex real estate transactions, leasing, development, tax planning and compliance, landlord/tenant, and work with condominiums and homeowners associations.
- Intellectual property: We can register your copyrights and trademarks, defend your IP assets, and protect you from claims of infringement.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Investors: We have assisted with the purchases and sales of businesses of all kinds, mergers, acquisitions, passive investors, private placement memoranda, and also the exit of shareholders, partners, or investors.
- Business litigation: With extensive and wide-ranging litigation experience on our team of attorneys, we are able to handle various types of business disputes, including real estate litigation, tax litigation, collections and commercial transaction disputes.
- Succession planning: It is important to develop a comprehensive exit strategy, and our firm assists partnerships, corporations, and other businesses in succession and dissolution planning.
- Environmental law and litigation: No matter where you are in the planning stages of your project, it is important to get reliable guidance about environmental protection.
- Arts and entertainment law: We represent clients in fine art, music, film, video, television, dance, theater, photography, fashion modeling, publishing, the internet, and museums and arts centers.
For More Information, Speak to Our New York Business Law Attorneys
Contact us at our primary office in Walden or our office in Monticello by calling us at 845-764-9656.