DEALING WITH THE IRS
Dealing With the IRS Throughout New York
Whether it results from failing to pay taxes over time, tax accounting errors or isolated taxable events, any problem with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must be taken seriously and dealt with as promptly as possible. The IRS has extensive powers for collection of tax debt, including executing property liens and forfeitures, as well as an entire division focused on criminal prosecution of tax offenders.
Outstanding Credentials for Tax Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
At J&G, LLP, our IRS representation and tax law practice is led by attorney Mark A. Krohn, an accomplished tax practitioner with more than 35 years of experience, a background as a certified public accountant and an L.L.M. (Master of Laws) degree in Taxation. Our team’s knowledge of current tax law, credibility with tax authorities and resourcefulness in identifying viable solutions are key assets for clients facing:
- IRS or New York State Department of Tax collection actions, often involving hundreds of thousands of dollars in alleged tax liability
- Tax controversies and disputes associated with individual income taxes, payroll taxes and other areas of taxation
- The need for ongoing tax compliance and planning counsel informed by extensive, relevant business and legal knowledge
- Estate planning in full view of current and potential future tax considerations
Targeting Manageable Financial Solutions for Businesses and Individuals
A skilled Hudson Valley, New York-based IRS lawyer at our firm is prepared to investigate and analyze your tax challenge, however complex. We negotiate directly with the IRS in pursuit of resolutions acceptable to both the taxpayer and government entity, including:
- Offers in compromise to settle the tax liability for substantially less than what is owed
- Placement of the tax debtor on a payment plan or, if warranted, on noncollectible status based on specific, current and well-substantiated economic circumstances
Contact a Skilled, Action-Oriented Tax Dispute Lawyer
Whether your substantial tax liability involves your personal or corporate interests, you can turn to our longstanding law firm for guidance and representation. Our attorneys are assertive in cutting through to the real issues at hand and gauging our likelihood of success with a range of approaches. For an initial consultation focused squarely on your tax challenge, call 845-764-9656 or 866-303-9595 (toll free).