As a full-service law firm with significant experience in estate planning, elder law, probate and civil litigation, J&G Law, LLP, represents clients in trust and estate litigation when a dispute arises over the terms of a will, the validity of a trust, the need for a guardianship, or the performance of a fiduciary.

When we represent the executor or administrator of a New York decedent’s estate, an important priority is to minimize our client’s exposure to liability and the need to defend a will contest or claim of breach of fiduciary duty. Nonetheless, it is sometimes necessary to defend the decisions and actions of an estate representative in court. Our experience with the litigation of disputes against an estate administrator or trustee can help find an early resolution on satisfactory terms while preserving to the greatest extent possible the assets of the estate or trust.

Resolving Probate Issues and Disputes

Our trusts and estate probate litigation practice extends to disputes on behalf of the estate, a trust, a beneficiary, a statutory heir, a surviving spouse, a ward in guardianship, or other interested party involving issues such as:

  • Spousal election
  • Kinship cases in the administration of intestate estates
  • Asset ownership disputes between estates and trusts
  • Tax issues
  • Contract or tort claims
  • Accountings
  • Actions for reconstruction or termination of a trust
  • Contested guardianship proceedings
  • Actions to recover assets transferred through fraud or exploitation of a vulnerable adult
  • Disputes between income and remainder beneficiaries of a trust
  • Wrongful death

J&G Law represents probate litigation clients throughout New York and the Hudson Valley, especially in the counties of Orange, Sullivan, Ulster and Dutchess. We also handle disputes involving New York property in ancillary probate related to decedent’s estates in other states.

Call 845-764-9656 to work with a Hudson Valley trusts and estates lawyer.
For additional information about our New York probate litigation practice, contact an attorney at our law firm in Walden or Monticello.