Representation for Violations of Civil Rights in New York
For people who have had their civil rights violated by law enforcement officers, employers and other authorities, federal laws and New York state laws provide protection and legal remedies. When governmental agencies violate your civil rights, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important to consult with an experienced law firm to understand your rights and to file a claim against those who violated them.
At the law firm of J&G Law, LLP, our firm can provide representation to people who have experienced violations of their civil rights. If you believe that your rights were infringed upon, talk with us as soon as possible and get the answers that you need. We have recovered compensation for clients in a wide range of cases, and we have years of experience providing aggressive and vigorous representation.
Protect Your Rights With Our Experienced Lawyers
- Civil rights violations in New York that can lead to injury may include:
- Illegal search of person, home or vehicle
- False arrest and/or wrongful detention
- Excessive use of force
- Police brutality and other law enforcement misconduct
- Racial profiling and other forms of discrimination
- Improper stops
- Abuse of power by a police official
- Discrimination and wrongful termination by an employer
In addition to damages for medical bills and other expenses, it may also be possible to pursue treble, or punitive damages, from those who are responsible for your injuries.
Contact Us to Schedule an Initial Consultation
For more information, contact us at the law firm of J&G Law to talk with an attorney about civil rights in New York. Call us to schedule an appointment for an initial consultation at 845-764-9656 or 866-303-9595.