Vacating Child Protective Services (CPS) Reports

The Office of Children and Family Services, through its State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (known as “the hotline”), receives reports of suspected child abuse or maltreatment.

When a report is made to the hotline, a CPS investigation will follow to determine if the report is “indicated”, i.e., true.

If it is, the report will be maintained in the registry and the children can even be taken into custody if it is necessary to protect them from abuse.

The CPS may petition the Family Court to mandate services when care is needed for child(ren).

If you have been falsely indicated for child abuse or maltreatment, then you are at risk of losing your job if you work with children and this will appear in the State Central Registry.

There are ways we can help you vacate a wrongfully indicated CPS report.

Call 845-764-9656 for a consultation.

For additional information about our approach to client service in New York state child protective services reports, contact J&G in Walden or Monticello.